22 October 2017

Sunday Shape Up Series : Week 4

Wow - that was a quick week!  But it was especially good at the end, since yesterday I had a wonderful, fun day with Dee, and then got to meet her husband Steve in the evening when we all went to dinner and hung out.  It's so nice to get to spend time with someone of a like mind.  I have lots of acquaintances, but don't really get together with them much IRL.

And I am pleased to report that I accomplished all of my goals but one this past week!  The one I didn't get finished, was the neckband on my sweater, which I fully expect to finish today.  I was at the point of binding off the neckband and I didn't like the way it was looking, so I did some "crowdsourcing" to ask about preferred neck bindoffs.  I looked into the different suggestions, and I think I know the one I want to use, which is a sewn bindoff.  I'm gonna try it this afternoon, so wish me luck!

Here's what I'm hoping to work on this week.

1.  An uptick in my activity/exercise.  I've managed to get back into a certain kind of groove here, but want to do at least a bit more, because I still need to work a bit harder.

2.  Organize the "true" summer clothes (tank tops, shorts, etc.) and get them ready to put away.  I switched out my summer shoes last week, so now I'm moving on to the next stuff.  It's not feeling fall-ish enough for me here yet, but I also know I'm not gonna be wearing the summery-est stuff anymore, so why not get it together to put away until next year?

3.  Bake gingerbread muffins.  I love gingerbread muffins, and the recipe I use makes a lot of them, and they freeze really well.  Besides being nice for breakfast, they are a good snack with some tea at mid-morning at work.

And that's it.  I really do think that doing these posts is helping to keep me focused on doing things and making an effort without being overwhelmed.  I hope if you are trying things too, that it's working for you.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

Hooray for you and Dee, so glad you met up and had a wonderful day.

Nance said...

Glad you got a meet-up.

I've been gradually moving out summer pieces, but this past weekend of renewed summer weather...sigh. What a goofed-up fall it has been. Here in NEO, we've officially had The Warmest October Ever already.

Getting cooler weather now, so I must MUST M U S T get the Shoe Situation sorted. But we live in an old 1940s bungalow with teensy closets and every year it's the same: Where Do I Put Stuff?

elns said...

I love the idea of you and Dee chatting it up having a good time together! Makes me happy just thinking about it.

Congratulations Bridget, you are on a serious roll! You are doing great! I really love how when you might miss the mark on something you aren't beating yourself up about it. The whole point of this is to feel productive and good and you're doing all of that!

I'm going to focus on just getting one piece sifted through a week. That's it.

You have a great week too :)