Today is an important day in my personal history. Eight years ago, on this date, I had a mastectomy and reconstruction on my left breast. It was life-changing in so many ways. But in the end, all in a good way. I thought of it today when I was eating my breakfast and decided that I needed to remember that no matter what else happens, I'm still above ground!
Here are some thoughts from my brain for this week.
1. I need to "up" my activity and better eating level. I am feeling too sluggish most of the time, and I want to feel better and healthier. Not that I am hopeless, but I need to remember that feeling better makes me happier, and get with the program!
2. I wish I could find a nice pair of navy blue slacks.
3. I think my makeup-buying spree last weekend actually has me set for spring and summer, for the most part.
4. I tried "tightlining" on my eyes this week, and liked the result. (Google the term, it will explain it so much better than I can.) I love eyeliner, and since I can't get the "cool" look so many others seem to be able to get, at least I can make my eyes look prettier. I really like eye makeup, but not garish - just soft, pretty, and enough to make my eyes look awake!
5. I want to try running. Not that I will ever become a running fanatic, but just to mix things up a little bit. Then again - see #1 - I just need to do things more consistently!
6. One of the activities I want to do is to get our garden in shape. Before the ick of summer heat and humidity get here, I want us to be able to enjoy ourselves in our nice, private outdoor space. I used to love it when we would eat meals outside.
OK, that's it for now. I am overall happy with myself. I just want it to stay that way.