20 April 2013

Product Disappointment

My eyebrows are extremely light - in that, they are often only noticeable at the inner corner where there are actually more than 2 hairs.  As a result, I try numerous eyebrow pencils, powders, etc.

About two months ago, I tried the Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper.  I have nearly always been happy with any Bobbi Brown products that I've tried, and though I am not the most loyal brand customer, I go back to things that I like and that work for me all of the time.  So I was pretty excited to try this, particularly since it seemed so easy to apply.

And it was easy to apply, being on a spoolie brush like mascara.  The wand is, though, quite a bit shorter than mascara.  My biggest problem is that I was never able to control the amount being applied.  This could be user error, but when I would end up with too much product on my brow, it was really hard to remove.  It seemed to dry very quickly as well as dry firmly.  An eyebrow brush or spoolie was really hard to get through it to try and redistribute the product evenly.

On the occasions that I did get it "just right," I was disappointed to see that it tended to clump in some areas.  Maybe my brows are too thin to start with, but I just couldn't get the Natural Brow Shaper to look like it was anything like a natural brow.

It's too bad, since it was a fairly decent price (I paid $22.00 at Sephora) and would likely last a while, and the ease of application would have made it perfect if I could have made it work for me.  So although I had high hopes, I was very disappointed, and am unlikely to try it again.  

No comments: