06 April 2013

Brows

I spent a good part of my life not thinking about my eyebrows at all.  I mean, they were neither really thick (like Brooke Shields' brows), nor a skinny line drawn on with pencil, like so many older women I would see.

A few years ago, I noticed that they were a little bit sparse at the ends, and sort of heavy on the part near my nose.  The place where I was getting my hair cut did other beauty-related things, so I tried getting my brows waxed.  BIG MISTAKE.  My sensitive skin bled, and I walked around with two bright pink lines near my eyebrows for two weeks.

Then a place near where we live advertised brow-threading, so I gave that a try.  Uncomfortable, but not bloody, though I still had the telltale pink lines.

So I decided I would take care of my own brows, by tweezing them.  That, however, didn't work because even with a magnifying mirror, I couldn't see well enough in the mirror to tweeze them ... and I couldn't tweeze them while wearing my glasses!

Yesterday, I decided that enough was enough, and called the local Blue Mercury to ask if they tweezed brows.  I was able to schedule an appt this morning.  Success!  The woman who did my brows was very nice, very careful, and she did a wonderful job.  You can bet I'll go back there!

And it's funny, but all day when I've caught a glance of myself in the mirror, I feel like I look a WHOLE LOT better.  Maybe I do, and maybe I look exactly the same.   But I feel like my brows look a whole lot neater.

Now I just need to figure out what product works best on them.  For a while, I used Anastasia Brow Powder Duo, in the Strawburn shade.  I like it, but decided to try something less involved.  I've had luck with Bobbi Brown products when I've tried them, so when I say they had a new Brow Shaper, I decided to give it a try. But it seems to deposit too much product onto my brows - maybe I have a heavy hand - so only time will tell.

In the meantime, at least my brows look better on their own ... :-)

No comments: