12 November 2017

Sunday Shape Up Series : Week 7

Hello from chilly Philadelphia!  Finally, as far as I'm concerned.  It doesn't have to stay this cold the whole time, but finally November is feeling like it should. 

I have a mixed bag of results this week.  I started the fingerless mitts for The Tim last week, but quickly realized with other things on my plate that were required, I wasn't gonna make a lot of progress.  So I've decided that yes, I'll still make them, but rather than agonize that they will not be ready for this birthday, they will be come Christmas gifts.  So that goal was adjusted.

But I did get the rest of the warm weather stuff either packed up, or in the laundry to be put away clean, so I'm calling the other goal complete.

The Tim's birthday is next Saturday, so this weeks' goals are all related to that.

1.  Organize the gifts I have and get them wrapped.

2.  Clean up around the house so we can enjoy a chore-free weekend next weekend.

3.   Bake the birthday cake!

My niece and her husband may come for the weekend, but right now that's still up in the air, but even if they do come, it doesn't really require any extra activity.  I love getting ready for his birthday, since I love being able to wrap up his gifts and make the cake.  So other than slogging through being at work this week, it should be a good one otherwise.

Stay warm, and if you are making goals as well, good luck this week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a good week ahead anticipating the opening of presents and the eating of CAKE!

ENJOY!

Fiona said...

Let's see the mitts please. My goal this week is getting past row 3 of my latest crochet project!
Enjoy your week.

Nance said...

Most things are better with cake! Enjoy your week.

I have unraveled the start of My Dreaded Project. Ugh. I have to start again. Memory lapse. And this is a busy week, so I don't know when I'll have both the Time and the Inclination to sit down and concentrate on it to start again.

Vera said...

Nice adjustment!! I like your thinking. And, Happy Birthday to The Tim a little early. What kind of cake are you going to make?

elns said...

I've managed to wrap some gifts, but I am still behind. I'm not going to think about it too much. I am going to keep chugging along. This is my plan.