29 August 2015

Weekly Roundup of Interesting Things #3

Before I share anything else, I want to say thank you for your comments on my post about The Pretty Girls.  Once I hit "Publish" I was thinking that I would get a lot of criticism (though hardly anyone reads this blog!), so I was especially glad that anyone who commented understood what I was saying.  :-)

So here are some of the things  I found interesting over the past week, and thought you might enjoy.

A fifteen-minute workout that even I can probably do.

I am always saying that I would like to try running a 5K.  If I ever decide I mean it, here is some guidance ...

While we're on the topic of exercise, take a look at this blog post - it was one of the favorite things I saw all week.  I love the heels as appropriate exercise shoes, and the cigarette break!

How great was it that for a change, Americans did something that made a lot of people happy by subduing the guy on the French train?  The Tim and I had a discussion about what they wore when receiving the French Legion of Honor.  The Washington Post noticed, too.

A lovely blog post, whether or not you are religious.

I can't wait to knit this - and the pattern is free!

A few years ago, after I got my first cancer diagnosis, I was walking home, lost in my own thoughts.  A guy I walked past said, "C' mon, sweetie, give us a smile.  It's not like you have cancer or something."  I responded, "Actually, I just found out I had cancer, but thank you for your concern."  In reality, I hoped he would then jump in front of a bus, but I doubt that happened.  This article is about the "need for females to smile."

And finally - weird but interesting.  Who ever wondered about this?  Certainly not me!

And that's it for today. Hope you found something you enjoyed here.  Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

I suffer from RBF and so often I am accused of being angry when in deed I have wrinkles from squinting and living in Florida for years and years. My Dad is the worse offender of this but once I was at a swim meet watching so no parents were on deck and asked a parent to leave. This guy actually said to me your tom=ne might be nice but your face is full of anger! Really!

Yikes maybe I need that Botox after all.
Meredith

elns said...

Always lots of good stuff, Bridget. I'm not sure if that Life Exercise post made me want to exercise or have a cocktail, hehe!

I really don't like being told to smile. I think I'm in Mereknits camp, I've been told repeatedly by people who actually like me that I have RBF. For whatever reason it doesn't bother me. As long as they just don't tell me to smile, ha!

Anyhow, thanks for the links, whether you meant to or not, they did make me smile, ha!