14 August 2015

Weekly Roundup of Interesting Things #1

Because I didn't have anything specific to tell you, I didn't post anything this week.  And then I started to think, what is the point of having this blog if I hardly ever post?

So I have decided I will try to post some links each week to things I read or heard about that I liked and/or found interesting, so you can check them out if you are so inclined.  I always enjoy posts on other blogs where I can find new-to-me-things, so I hope you do too.

OK, this first thing is not from this week, because this is something I read every day, and have for years.  Have you met The Fug Girls?  OMG, they are so funny, and make me laugh at least once every day - never a bad thing, right?  And during March Madness, they have their own version with bracketing and voting, and it is just way more fun than it should be.  (Plus, for me, it's pretty much the only way I find out who the people everyone else is talking about, actually are.)  They are also on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, if you want to actually stalk them ... :-)

I'm pretty sure that you've heard of  Stephen Colbert, even if you never saw his previous show, "The Colbert Report."  I truly adore him, because he is smart, funny, completely ridiculous, and seems to be an overall good guy.  He wrote this article for Glamour, and it rocks.  Even Emma Watson agrees, and I also adore her.

Are you a sucker like I am for reading about beautiful people's beauty routines?  Here is what Lupita Nyongo does.  Granted, since she is a spokesperson for Lancome, most of the products are theirs, but it's still interesting to find out.

I found this article about whether or not to refrigerate tomatoes really interesting.  We don't have whole house air-conditioning, but then again, tomatoes don't last too long with us either ...

These will never qualify as healthy eating, but wow would they be a great treat!  Once we're into fall, I'm probably going to have to give this recipe a try (halved of course, which will still give us A LOT).

And finally, as you may or may not know, Pope Francis is visiting Philadelphia in late September as part of the World Meeting of Families.  Lots is going on with planning, security, and people are getting really antsy or worried about how it will all play out.  But I don't know if anyone is really prepared for this.

Hope your weekend is a good one!

2 comments:

Marie said...

I loved this post! It reminded me of why I started a blog in the first place. I'm going to check every one of the links you provided because I think it's fun to find out things I never knew before. I just published a new post today. I hope you'll read it. Now that I'm about to retire, I can go back to sharing stuff on my blog like you do. Thanks! Keep 'em coming!

elns said...

Good stuff Bridget. I think we would have a good cup of something together if we were near each other. I'm a fan of the Fug girls' March Madness. It brings the happy. I'm also a fan of Lupita and am enjoying her new hair style. I was just talking about Stephen Colbert with my co-worker and we were saying when he talks about his mom we want to cry. And yes!! I adore Emma Watson as well. I highly recommend the cinnamon roll recipe. I have done it and you're absolutely right about halving it. And Lastly (no really I will stop pestering you) Between the cat photo and the cheese pope, I almost peed myself laughing. haha. Talk about aging ... shh!