11 July 2013

Sharing Some Love

When Google Reader faded into the sunset, I had decided to give both Feedly and Bloglovin a try.  Both have their good points, but I found it easier to organize things on Bloglovin, so that's where I usually check for updates on my favorite blogs.

The other day, I was poking around to see what was listed under their "Top Blogs" and came across We Heart This.  After reading a few of their posts, I added it to the blogs I wanted to follow.  It covers a lot of different things - food, fashion, beauty to name a few - and seems to be aimed at an average person, not only those who can eat at fancy restaurants or wear haute couture.  I thought I'd share it here, in case anyone wanted to give it a try.

The other day I read this post, and decided to play along.  So here goes.

My version of 3 Things - The Best of Summer So Far:
Best food you ate this summer:  Fried pickles!  I never had them before, and a place opened around the corner from our house where they are on the menu.  WOW.
Best cocktail you drank:  Frozen margarita.  Because a) it's a margarita, and b) it's frozen.
Best Makeup Purchase:  L'Oreal Paris Infallible Le Rouge lipstick, in color #138.  I was on my way to work one morning and realized I'd forgotten to put on lipstick.  Not the worst thing, but I like lipstick and without it, I look pretty washed out.  So I stopped at a CVS that I usually pass, and for whatever reason, chose this color.  I don't usually feel like I can wear red lipstick, though I do love it, but that morning I decided that was the shade for me.  Not only is it a pretty color, but it stays on for a really long time.  At first, I thought it was awfully expensive for a drugstore lipstick, but now I think it's a really great deal!
So there's my list - what about you?

No comments: