30 September 2012

Fall Inspiration

I'm the first to admit that when it's hot - and then particularly when it's humid - I am about as interested in physical activity as I am in jumping off a cliff.  The heat does make me less hungry, but even just walking back and forth to work, or doing errands on the weekend make me feel like I'll collapse from heat exhaustion!

But fall inspires me.  And this past week, the first full week of fall, has been a good one that way.  I managed to go to the gym twice (working on at least three visits per week), and yesterday I went bicycling.  Granted, it was a short trip, since I got a flat tire, and my lungs felt like they were on fire, but it was still such a good feeling, both from being active, and because I got an idea of what I need to do.

I think the reason my lungs reacted so dramatically must be because of the pneumonia I had this past winter.  I haven't been doing anything extra to get exercise, and as a result, my bicycle outing showed me that I need to work them as much as my own body in order to get fit again.

So this week:  5.29 extra miles covered, and two full workout trips to the gym.

And, if I can get my chores done that I wanted to do today, I'll treat myself later to a nice walk along the river.

See you again soon!

No comments: