07 September 2023

So ...

Yeah, I know. I've abandoned this blog for about a year and a half. I've kept up with my knitting/crafting blog a lot better, but even there recently I had to take a break. Of course, the main difference is that I know some people read that blog, and this one is mainly for myself, and there have been a couple of people now and then who have commented, but who knows if they have given up.

Anyway, I've decided that since I have many beauty and fitness types of things to say/talk about, I needed to once again make friends with this blog. If nothing else, it helps me keep track of products or other things that I like or don't like, so that I don't re-do or re-buy the wrong things!

Things in life have changed for me. At the end of July 2022, I left my full-time job of 12+ years. I had loved my work, but in the last year and a half before I left, things had really deteriorated when we got a new CEO who thought he was a library and archives expert. (Spoiler alert: he isn't.) Let's just say that our department of five people had dwindled to myself and one other person (who he LOVED) by the time I left. I couldn't really afford to retire, but in order to maintain my mental and physical health, it was necessary. So now I get a monthly Social Security check, and I have a job three days a week at a local yarn store. We are struggling a bit, but we're OK and I'm doing a lot better than I had been, so I guess it's a win?

In September 2022, a friend and one of my nieces and myself started a little fitness group. We each take turns creating monthly goals for all of us, and check in daily via text messages. It's really been great, and all three of us are healthier and making progress, slowly but surely. We all agree that the accountability of checking in every day has made a huge difference in our attitudes towards living a healthier life. Which is not to say we don't lose sight of things now and then, but we are also very forgiving, which is fantastic. 

What else? Well, since I last spent time here, we adopted two more kitties! In May 2022, we adopted Alfie, a three-legged very fuzzy gray and white cat who was about a year old at the time. We call him our lovable weirdo, because he is very sweet and affectionate, but truly weirder than any cat we've ever had before. And then this past May, we adopted Esmeralda (aka Esme), a one-eyed gray tabby who is a little over a year old. For about the first four months she was with us, we seldom saw her, she was so afraid of us. But she got along perfectly with the other kitties, so that's what mattered most. And she and Alfie are definitely best buddies. in the past couple of months, she has gotten braver, and will occasionally even let us pet her - major progress, I tell you!

(Alfie on the left, Esme on the right)

And that's really about it for now. Like I mentioned, I have a lot of things I'd like to write about, so you will be hearing from me again sooner rather than much later. 

In the meantime, if anyone other than me is reading this, I hope you are well, and that you'll stop by again. 😊

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Did I know about Esme? Because she is precious.

kayT said...

We just adopted a new cat because one of ours passed away. Today is their first day together (the new one has been sequestered for a few days) and so far Little Bit (the current cat) is growling at the new cat (who has no name yet) but no fighting. Any tips on helping this process to continue to go smoothly? They're both girls, about 2.5 years old.