28 March 2022

This Made Me Laugh

Hi all - it's been a while since I've posted, for a huge number of reasons, but here I am right now.

I decided to write this post because of something over the weekend that made me laugh really hard.  This past Saturday, I went to have my eyebrows tweezed.  Now, you are probably wondering why I would pay perfectly good money to have someone tweeze my eyebrows.  Well, the answer is because I can't see them well enough to do it myself; and I can't get them waxed because my sensitive skin just gets scabby.  And I have a few brows that, at a certain point in their growth, take off in several different directions, and are really long!  Sometimes I manage to nab them, but most of the time, even with a magnifying mirror, I can't see them well enough to get them - and since I can't wear my glasses, it's just hopeless.  The Tim refuses to have anything to do with this activity, and I can't say I really blame him.  No one wants to try doing something on someone else's face unless they know what they are doing, right?

Anyway, I was texting with my niece Amanda later in the day, and mentioned that while I was out to do that, I had also done such-and-such.  She texted back and said that Pat (her husband) said he hoped I wasn't trying to have "aggressive brows."  That was a term that was new to me, and brings to mind something like a supervillain would have.  But she said that he meant brows like some of the women on Instagram show:



This just cracked me up!  I have never thought of anyone's brows as being "agressive" but now I'll never look at another photo like this and not be amused.

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Mine are so very pale I can hardly tell when they need plucking!

Dee said...

Apparently, that is a THING now??? LOL