02 November 2014

Two Mini-Reviews

Well hello there - I know I've been gone for a while, except for some quick check-ins.  October was pretty busy, plus I caught a cold that messed with me for about 10 days (7 of those days were particularly miserable).  But fortunately it's left, except for a few sniffles, so I can get back to my routine.

I realized that there were two products I meant to write about here, and just completely forgot about it.  So here you go.


I'd read a few reviews of this product, Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel, and decided to give it a try.  I was really disappointed.  The thing that bothered me most was the consistency - it didn't feel like a gel to me at all.  It was really thick and goopy, and felt very sticky on your finger, as well as when you were applying it to the eye area.  It also stung a bit once applied, which surprised me, since the ingredients and the reviews made it sound incredibly gentle.

I used it for two weeks and gave up.  I just did not like it, and decided that it was stupid to keep using it just because I had it in my possession.


Next up, Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Radiance Lotion.  I really wanted to like this product, since Fresh products are usually so nice.  Unfortunately, this was another fail for me.  For one thing, the bottle is not that big, and you need a lot of pumps to get enough product to cover your face (or at least I did).  As a result, it doesn't last that long, so it is not cost-effective.  And this is another one that just had a weird consistency to me - not quite a lotion feel.  There was a slight, though not completely unpleasant, scent to it that dissipated almost immediately.
I will not be buying this one again.

So there you go - I realize I gave you two negative reviews here, but it's only fair when I tell you things I like to also tell you things I do not.

Of course, I do not in any way speak for anyone but myself.  Clearly, other people have had success with both of these products, and I'm sure they each have devotees.  For my money, though, I'll try something else.

No comments: