09 November 2014

An Old and New Fave

Years ago, I used to religiously take a bubble bath every Friday night.  Mostly so I could shave my legs, but it was also relaxing and cozy.  One year I asked for a bottle of Kiehl's Creme de Corps for Christmas, because I had read in a magazine that it was nice stuff, and I was too cheap to spend the money myself.  I really liked it, and when I would use it on my legs after shaving, it felt really soothing.

Eventually that bottle was used up, and that was that.

These days, I still take bubble baths, though not every single Friday night no matter what.  I still enjoy them, and particularly during cold weather, they warm me up quite nicely.  I've tried various different lotions to use afterwards, with varying results.

About a month ago, I was reading someone's blog (sorry I can't remember which it was to link), and they mentioned using Creme de Corps all of the time, since it was the ONLY thing that helped their skin in winter.  And I remembered how much I'd liked it when I had that bottle years ago.  And I decided to spring for a bottle myself and revisit it.

My skin gets extremely dry during the winter.  Dry as in cracking and bleeding, particularly on my legs and arms.  I have used various things, including a prescription lotion, which helps but is used up very quickly.  I figured maybe another try at Creme de Corps would be worth it.

It has been.  I treated myself to a 4.2 fluid ounce bottle, which cost $18.00.  I started out using it every time I took a shower, on my arms and legs.  And after a week, my skin was so soft, so supple, and so non-dry, that I decided to try using it every other day.  I seriously cannot believe the difference.  The other day, I was putting on a pair of tights, and there were no dry skin flakes flying around as I was getting them onto my legs!

So I am here to encourage you to try this stuff if cold weather makes your skin dry.  It is very luxurious feeling, but it almost immediately absorbs into your skin, leaving it soft but not greasy or lotion-y.  There is no discernible scent.  I also think that the bottle will last me a while, since a little bit goes a long way.

Kiehl's Creme de Corps.  Worth the splurge.  Try it.

1 comment:

Marie said...

That stuff sounds wonderful! My legs gets very dry almost all year round, but especially in cold weather. I might have to try this. Thanks!