25 January 2014

Drier Than the Dryer - A Body Wash That Helps

My skin, that is.  Wintertime always does it, to the point where my poor skin is cracking, scaling, and being just generally icky.  Slathering on lotion is one way to deal with it, but that can make it messy and/or difficult to get dressed, as some lotions absorb better than others.

One thing that helps my skin year-round but especially in wintertime is this:


St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash - one of my favorite products in the world.  For one thing, it makes my skin feel soft, and hydrated.  But there are plenty of other reasons.

1.  You don't need to use a lot, so one bottle lasts a long time.
2.  It's inexpensive, making it worthwhile, budget-wise.  Easily found at CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Target - well, you get the picture.
3.  It has a nice fragrance, but not a strong one, and the fragrance doesn't stick around.
4.  It is not tested on animals.

Of course, I also make sure that I don't use the hottest water I can stand to use when showering, because I know that dries my skin out even more.  But if you take a warm shower, and use this body wash, you are really doing yourself a favor.  It feels luxurious, even though it's not produced by a "spa" company.

I will admit that I also don't shower every single day in the winter, unless of course, I've been at the gym, or doing something else strenuous, so I don't make things worse for my skin.  I do wash every day, so it's not like I walk around as a filthy, smelly mess.

With everything covered up and constantly going in and out of heated places, it's worth it to look for products that work.  I highly recommend this one.

No comments: