24 September 2013

Still Here

I really don't know why I haven't posted for so long, probably because things were absolutely ridiculous at work - this past Friday was Members' Night, which happens once a year, and it's a BIG DEAL.  So besides just the usual craziness and having too much to do, there was prep to be done for that. I'd get home and be exhausted.  It all ended with the actual event, which starts at 5 p.m. and ends at 9 p.m.  

Can you say LONG WEEK??

The Tim picked me up after it was over on Friday evening, and we headed directly to Rehoboth Beach, where one of my nieces and her husband had a beach house for the weekend.  It was the perfect way to forget about everything before, and we had a wonderful time.  The weather was fall-ish, but incredibly sunny and it just made you want to be outside.  Dug went with us, and let me tell you, he was one happy Doodle Dog!

The last couple of days though?  Not so great.  Last week, I noticed that the skin on the outside of my left leg really hurt.  Yes, you read that right - my skin hurt!  Then on Sunday morning, I had a few red spots.  Yesterday, even more.  Fortunately, I was able to get a squeeze-in appointment with my dermatologist this morning, and the diagnosis?


Yep, Shingles. Unfortunately, not like the ones above.  The Stay-Home-and-Rest kind, where you have to use your sick time at work and then some of your small amount of vacation time.  

Crap.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Oh, Bridget, I feel for you. I've had shingles and it is certainly no fun. I had mine on my left side, front and back, over the rib cage, making sleeping difficult. But you having it on your leg and I, on my torso, are lucky. There was a woman in this town who had it in her vagina. She committed suicide. (Don't you love it when friends tell you horror stories? Yeah, me neither. Sorry.) Anyway, shingles goes away and recurrence is rare. Just rest up, take effective pain meds, read, knit, pet the pets. Bless your heart.