26 July 2019

I Like the Name, I Love the Product

Last weekend, we went to the Cherry Hill Mall in New Jersey - nearer to us time-wise than some of the malls in the Philadelphia area - because The Tim wanted to go to a Penney's for something, and that is one of the places in the area where you can still go to an actual Penney's store. 

Anyway, I was wandering around as I am wont to do, and went to the Nordstrom's there to use the restroom, since I know that they have nice restrooms and I am picky about that kind of thing.  On my way out, I decided to walk through the cosmetics (they call it Beauty) department to see what they had happening, since the Anniversary Sale was going on. 

I am a sucker for lipstick, lip balm, etc.  I love the different colors, whether or not they are ones I would actually ever wear - it's just fun to look.  One of the clerks came over to ask if I needed help, and she very nicely walked away when I said I was just looking.  However, she had on a lipstick shade that I thought was particularly pretty, so I found her again and asked what it was.

Now, on the occasions that I have usually asked this, the answer has usually been some elaborate combination of 45 products (OK, maybe only 2 or 3) and I start to glaze over as they are explaining their process to me.  But this time, it was a single product.  And she claimed it was a shade that looked good on everyone, and pointed out some of the other clerks wearing it.  They had different skin tones, and you know what?  It actually did look good on each of them - slightly different but really nice.


This is it - Bobbi Brown Crushed Liquid Lip (!)
 in the shade called Hippy Shake.

Now I am not usually a fan of pinks, but this is a pink that is not in your face, and even has a little bit of, I don't know - lavender? - in it.  It's just not a usual pink, let's say that.  My sister Nancy had sent me a Nordstrom gift card last Christmas, so I decided to buy this for myself as a treat.  

So far this week I have worn it every day, and I have to say that I really do love it.  It's not sticky like lip gloss (which I HATE), and it stays on pretty well (I am constantly drinking water or tea, so a lot of lip products disappear almost immediately on me).  I've even gotten a couple of compliments, which was nice.  

Plus - "Hippy Shake" - how could I not love that???  

So, if you would like a new lipstick and want to treat yourself, I would recommend this one.  It's been a real bright spot for me lately.  (Yes, I realize what that says about my life.)

(And for those wondering, The Tim's trip to Penney's was a success, so all in all it was a good shopping day ...)

Have a nice weekend!

3 comments:

Dee said...

Sometimes it's the LITTLE THINGS .............it looks like a lovely shade.

Lorette said...

Now I wan to see a photo of you wearing the lipstick! Me, I’m a red lipstick girl all the way.

Vera said...

looks nice and I LOVE the name!