17 December 2014

From Me to Myself

Next week at this time, we'll all be waiting for Santa to visit, and the ultimate day of anticipation will be nearly over.  I love Christmas Eve, as much as I love Christmas Day, to be honest.

Over the years, I've asked for some cosmetics or perfumes for Christmas, but I am pretty sure that The Tim doesn't think they are good gifts, since I can buy them for myself.  I finally decided that if I want anything like that, I'll just save up and buy it for myself and not think it can only be at Christmastime.

This year, I have decided I will treat myself to a NARS Audacious Lipstick.  I love lipstick, but seldom do I buy any expensive ones.  As a matter of fact, most that I have are gift-with-purchase ones, or samples that came with some other promotion.  But I've seen a few magazine articles in the last few months, and have read some beauty blogs where they have talked about the  Audacious Lipsticks, and I have really wanted to try them out.

I am trying to decide what shade to try, though.  I like Audrey:


but also Brigitte:

and even Fanny:


Of course, by the time I have saved enough to treat myself, I may have just changed my mind altogether!

What about you?  Do you ever received cosmetic gifts, or do you buy them for yourself?

No comments: