12 October 2013

Finally Getting There!

After fighting with shingles for what seems like forever, I did actually feel well enough to start organizing/cleaning out my closet today!  I started with my shoes, and made a fair amount of progress.  I would have gotten more done, but I figured if I was doing it at all, I should actually clean the floor of the closet, which was covered with dust, dirt, and dust jackrabbits (dust bunnies doesn't begin to describe them ...).  It looks much better now.  :-)

I do feel motivated to keep going though, so that's good.  It means that I won't suddenly just stop and then suddenly realize that I need things other than sandals and flip flops in the cold weather.  And I'm not surprised to realize that I have a lot of crap.

This morning while I was eating breakfast, I had the TV on, and was watching the local news.  They had a segment that I thought was pretty interesting, and I thought I'd share it, in the event that you hadn't heard about it.

Tradesy is a website where you can sell/buy designer goods that are slightly or barely worn, or even brand new.  Apparently you sign up, take photos of the things you'd like to sell, and they devise a price.  Once the item is sold, they keep 9% of the cost, and send you mailing materials to ship it to the buyer.  I thought this sounded like a good idea.  Not that I have many - or even any - designer things, other than possibly a purse or two that I received as gifts, but have never used.  I do like donating things to those who might need them or would really enjoy them, but I'll admit that sometimes I'll wish that I had a way to get some money out of some of the stuff, since it's either new or nearly new.  Like I said, I don't have a lot that would sell on Tradesy, but it's a lot of fun to look and see what is for sale by others!

Back to the real world, and tomorrow is another day or purging and organizing.  Even though it makes me crazy to work on it too long, I'll admit to looking forward to seeing what more I can accomplish!

Here's hoping your weekend is a good one.

No comments: