26 November 2012

MAC Matters

Well, hello again - sorry to be such a slow blogger recently.  Between my husband's birthday and Thanksgiving almost back-to-back, I was doing a lot of different things and running around to be ready.  The birthday celebration was a success, and we had a lovely Thanksgiving, so it was all worth it.

Anyway, I was cruising around some of the beauty blogs I read, and came across this post.  I will admit to being a makeup fan, and had on occasion wondered if I should sign up for so-called "Beauty Boxes," through Birchbox, etc.  The only thing is, as much as I love makeup and skincare products, there are a lot of things I don't ever use, and some brands that just don't seem worth the money to me.  So why spend a certain amount every month and maybe get lots of stuff that I don't want?

I like most of the MAC cosmetics that I've tried.  I don't have luck with the foundation usually, but I do love their eye makeup and lipsticks that I've bought in the past.  They are pretty decently priced, and they are a cruelty-free company, which is a big thing to me, as well as being environmentally aware.  And, I admittedly probably waste $21.00 a month on random stuff which I likely also forget about soon after.  So I decided to join Pammy and some others in the MAC Matters project, where you build your own core cosmetic collection, spending only $21.00 a month.  I am always intrigued to see if I can follow these kinds of challenges, be it cosmetic, books, or exercise.

My first MAC purchase in this challenge was the Penultimate Eye Liner.  I am currently experimenting with eyeliners, and the person who cuts my hair was wearing this the last time I saw her.  She looked amazing, and said she loved this particular product.  So I decided to give it a try.  I haven't fooled with it a whole lot yet, just a couple of times, when I've managed a very fine line.  Which I like, and am happy to start with, since it's better than suddenly having two black eyes!  The cost was $18.50, so even with tax, it was well within the price limit.

I think I'll enjoy this - no subscription, no pressure, and if I happen to miss a month, or decide to quit, there's no long process involved.

I'll keep you posted.  :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you joined the challenge!!! :) I might have to check out the Penultimate Eye Liner. Sounds like a great choice! This challenge is going to be so fun!!! :)