09 August 2021

Keeping My Head Happy

I have fine, thin, very straight hair - but a lot of it!  Seriously, when I get my hair cut, I'm always shocked at how much is on the floor for them to sweep away.  I wear my hair short, and even elaborate products (when I use them) don't seem to last very long.

Even though my hair is short, in the summer I do a LOT of sweating - not glowing, or perspiring, but straight up sweating!  And so when I wash my hair, I always want to use something that makes *me* feel like it got clean.  A few years back, I tried some of the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo and really liked it.  The minty-ness of it made me feel like my hair and my head were clean and refreshed.  However, being that it is a "designer" shampoo, it's pretty expensive, even though I don't have to replenish things that often.  So after buying it a couple of times, I just went back to normal, everyday shampoo.  Though I'm somewhat picky, it's not really for any consistent reason, so as long as I could find something I liked, it was all good.

Moving right along, one day last fall, I was at Trader Joe's for something specific we like that is only found there, and I decided to take a look-see and check out the personal care aisle.  Guess what I found???

Ta-da!!!!

I was so surprised (I know, maybe you all already know about this, but I didn't), and pleased because it was maybe more expensive than some of the drugstore shampoos, but not a lot more, and it was much less expensive than any of the 'fancy' ones.  So I bought a bottle to try it out. (It was maybe $7.99? - sorry I forget, as it's been a while since I purchased it.)

And now that I have been using it - yes, the same original bottle - for nearly a year, I have to say, it's a keeper.  You don't need to use much to get a good lather going, and the tea tree and other botanicals feel so very good on your scalp.  It's just plain old refreshing, even if it's not during the heat of summer.  

So if you are looking for a shampoo that is a step above the plain, everyday ones that are pretty much everywhere, and you are near a Trader Joe's, I recommend that you try this one.  I can guarantee that your head will be happy too.  😊

1 comment:

Dee said...

I have tried that shampoo. I really liked it. I really liked that it wasn't super sweetly perfumed.