28 July 2021

I Promise It Was Technology's Fault, Not Mine!

After making a big deal about how I was going to try to post here at least once a week, I didn't post at all the next week!  But truly, it was not all my fault.  Google sent out an update for Chromebooks that had a typo (a typo!) that caused Chromebook users to not be able to log in at all.  They supposedly sent out an update, but I never received it, so on Monday morning, I performed the "nuclear option" and wiped my computer clean, meaning I had to start all over again.  I did manage to post on my other blog using my tablet, but it was so slow and painful, I decided to skip posting here.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  

Anyway, there are like 2 people who read this, so hopefully they are willing to be generous.  😊

Today I want to share with you the BEST everyday sunscreen that I use on my body all summer long.  I may have shared it before, but that was a while ago, and I want everyone to consider giving it a try.


Yep, the lowly store brand from CVS is my holy grail of body sunscreen for everyday use.  Here is why:
  1. It is very inexpensive (particularly if you have one of the many many coupons CVS gives you whether or not you care). This bottle/tube of sunscreen generally lasts me about 4 months - which means it is very effective on a cost pers use basis. I slather this on my arms, chest, and neck every single day, and I use a lot of it!
  2. It has an extremely light scent that almost immediately disappears once you apply it (it's barely coconut scented);
  3. It stays on without making you feel like a greaseball all day;
  4. It WORKS!  I recently wore this when I was at a baseball game on a very hot, very sunny day, and when I got home, I didn't even have a light pink spot on my person.  
Now, one thing you should remember is that you need to get the YELLOW sunscreen - the one in the blue tube or the yellow tube smells more like you expect, and they are harder to get out of the tube!  Just say no to the other containers.  

Just for the record, CVS doesn't know I exist, so they are neither sponsoring this post, nor do they give me any kickback for recommending this product.  It's just that there are a lot of the CVS stores near my house, so I tend to go there more frequently for this kind of stuff.

Please note that I don't use this on my face.  That's mostly because I have really sensitive eyes, and the only time I tried this on my face, it moved into my eyes when I sweated, and that whole thing did not end well.  Your mileage, of course may vary.

But no matter what brand/type you use, PLEASE USE SUNSCREEN!!!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am in need of sunscreen now that I am losing pigment in my arms. I use Aveeno on my face, but hated every body sunscreen I have tried for reasons that you mentioned. Hello greaseball.

I'm heading off to CVS for the big yellow tube!